Are you from the BME communities? Interested in Civil Service career ?
The Department for Work and Pension has undertaken a mentoring program to support members of the BME interested to work for government agencies and civil services. The mentoring circle will host 03 sessions as part of the programme where participants can attend.
Dates of the mentoring circle :
- Wednesday, 21 August 2019
- Tuesday, 27 August 2019
- Tuesday, 03 September 2019
Time: 10am – 12noon
Venue: Leith Jobcentre, 199 Commercial Street, Edinburgh EH6 6QP
The Mentoring Circle will offer you the opportunity to meet and be mentored by representatives from the Civil Service, as an employer. They will offer support in building a better understanding on how you can improve your CV, what you can do to improve your application form and build your personal profile. The sessions will be delivered by Civil Service represenatives and will be informal.
How will the Mentoring Circle help you?
- Better understanding of how to apply for jobs, particularly in the Civil Service
- Information and support from a Civil Service representative to build your personal profile
- Information on what you need to include in your application form, competency applications and CVs
- Opportunity to improve on your interview skills, practice interviews, and receive feedback on what you need to do to improve your interview approach
- Opportunity to ask questions and share your experiences and challenges with other jobseekers
- Wednesday, 21 August (10:00am-12noon) – Introductions and application processes
- Tuesday 27 August (10:00am-12noon) – CVs, application forms and interview preparation
- Tuesday 3 September (10:00am-12noon) – Mock interviews, feedback and summary
In order that you can maximise your time on the Mentoring Circle, we recommend that you bring your CV, copy of your covering letter to an employer, information about any jobs you are looking to apply for and questions you may have for the employer, which will include representatives from the Civil Service.
All of the sessions will start on time at 10:00am. Please make sure you arrive 15 minutes before the start so we can check you in and go through security. Anyone arriving after the sessions have started will not be able to participate in the Mentoring Circles. You do not need to dress up in a suit but please come to the sessions in smart casual wear. If you have questions about the Mentoring Circle, please contact Alexia.Johnston@dwp.gov.uk
For more information, please find poster of the programme
How to register:
Please register for the mentoring circle programme by visiting the Eventbrite link below: https://edimentoringcirclecivilservice.eventbrite.co.uk
If you are a member of BME Communities and need any support to attend this programme, please contact Diversity in Public Life project. Contact: MRahman@elrec.org.uk or Tel: 0131 556 0441