News and Updates
– Deadline of Nomination submission: 11 May 2017
– List of the candidates has been published. Please see the summary.
– Electoral Commission guidance and resources for candidates and agents (click here)
– Timetable and key dates (download)
– Who can stand for election as a MP ?
Lothians MP Constituencies:
UK Parliamentary general election in Great Britain will take place on Thursday, 8th June 2017. According to existing UK Parliamentary boundry, there are 8 MP constituencies fall within Edinburgh & the Lothian. See the boundary maps.
– East Lothian
– Edinburgh East
– Edinburgh North and Leith
– Edinburgh South
– Edinburgh South West
– Edinburgh West
- If you are already registered to vote or applied to register to vote before the deadline for the 4 May local council elections, you do not need to re-register to vote.
- If you are not registered to vote, you will need to register to vote by Monday 22 May to vote at the UK general election.
- If you live in Scotland you can register to vote at gov.uk/register-to-vote
- If you are member of BME communities and lived around Edinburgh & Lothians, need any information and support (i.e; languages etc) to register your vote, please contact ELREC-Diversity in public in Public Life. Tel: 0131 556 0441 (Mizan Rahman)
Information for candidates/agents:
Are you interested to become an accredited election observer at the 8th June election ? Please find details information about application procedure. Deadline to apply: 26 May 2017. For further information mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Update (12/05/2017) Edinburgh and Lothians’ MP Candidates list has published
Please see the MP candidates list for Edinburgh and Lothians constituencies. Analysing the 9 constituencies, which has published yesterday , here is some key facts:
– There are two BME candidates in Edinburgh South West; Foysol Choudhury (Labour) and Aisha Jawaid Mir (Liberal Democrats).
– There is no candidate from UKIP.
– Green party has only candidate in Edinburgh North and Leith.
– In total 39 candidates, less number than previous year.
If you are member of BME communities living around Edinburgh and Lothians, interested to become involved in campaign for your candidate, please contact your local party branch.
Please note, deadline to register your vote: 22 May 2017 (if you have not already registered).
If you are interested to become an Election Observer, accredited by UK Electoral Commission, please contact us before 18th May for an application pack.
For any information and support in regards to vote registration, please contact ELREC-Diversity in Public life project. Email (email@example.com) or call us (0131 556 0441)
Disclaimer: Please note the list is not official information. For accurate information, please find the ‘Election Notices’ posted on local authority website.