Our Public Life Champions | Our Mentors
What is PLC Scheme?
To provide support for BME community living/working across Edinburgh and the lothians in realising their potential and achieving their own goals in the light of the under-representation of BME members in Public Life ELREC- diversity in public life project will undertake a special mentoring scheme. This scheme intended to encourage BME individual to explore their leadership potential within the Public Life positions. It is a provision of personal learning and development in the Public Life setting
The participants will be able to meet the requirements and be confident relating to positions within the Public Life setting. The participants will be encouraged to take positions in Public Life.
Main characteristics of the scheme
– Formal mentoring via expert mentors
– To initiate alternative to the formal mentoring such as; networking, signposting, coaching and shadowing program etc
– Flexible and suitable to individual needs and based on individual aspiration
– Mentors are committed to provide support to the scheme outwith project duration
– Participants will also get benefit from peer support
– Member of Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) live/work in Edinburgh and the Lothians
– Have a strong personal interest and focussed on certain level within Public Life
– BME women interested in public life
An individual support plan will be developed based on GROW framework after initial meeting and agreed to a memorandum of understanding.
- GOAL: What do you want to achieve? – Within the various level of public life
- REALITY: What is the current situation and where are you now? – Self assessment
- OPTIONS: What are the options available to you?
- Will: What will you do now? How much will do you have to do? Timeline
How to register your interest ?
Please complete the application form online. for more information, please contact: Mizan Rahman, Equality Engagement Officer, ELREC 14 Forth Street Edinburgh EH1 3LH Tel: 0131 556 0441