West Lothian Community Council Election
Want to be a Community Councillor in West Lothian ?
• There are 41 Community councils in West Lothian
• Community council elections are held every 4 years. The next election will take place on 26 October
• The names and addresses of individuals seeking election to a community council must appear in the Electoral Register of the community council area they wish to join at the date of election.
• Candidates require to be nominated by a proposer and seconder, whose names and addresses must be on the Electoral Register for the same community council area.
• The closing date for receipt of nominations is 5pm on Thursday 14th September 2017
• When required, the Elections will be take place on Thursday 26th October 2017.
For more information contact Community Council Liasion Officer, (tel. 01506 281609) (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Find more details (nomination forms etc): www.westlothian.gov.uk/communitycouncils
If you are member of BME community lived in West Lothian and interested to stand for community council election, please contact Diversity in Public Life for any support and advice. E-mail: email@example.com