West Lothian Community Council Election
Want to be a Community Councillor in West Lothian ?
Workshop: Diversity in West Lothian Community Councils
Date: 12 Sept 2017, 6-8pm
Venue: Howden Park Centre, Howden, Livingston, West Lothian EH54 6AE
Ahead of the West Lothian Community Council election, ELREC’s Diversity in Public Life project is hosting this event to increase involvement of Minority Ethnic (BME) communities in Community Councils. At the event, support and information about topics, such as how the nomination process works, will be provided to BME individuals who are interested standing for the election as a Community Councillor.
If you are committed to representing the views of your local community, to the local authorities and other public bodies then Community Council would be an ideal vehicle. Community Council’s are non-political and it could be a starting point to getting into public life as well.
The event is open to the BME residents and Community Council members living in West Lothian. Snacks/Refreshment will be provided. Booking is essential. Crèche/Childcare is available subject to prior confirmation. Please contact if you have any special requirements.
To book a place: https://diversityinpubliclife.wordpress.com/rsvp/
To download the nomination pack click here Or visit www.westlothian.gov.uk/communitycouncils
Find this event on www.facebook.com/events/468063566894137
• There are 41 Community councils in West Lothian
• Community council elections are held every 4 years. The next election will take place on 26 October
• The names and addresses of individuals seeking election to a community council must appear in the Electoral Register of the community council area they wish to join at the date of election.
• Candidates require to be nominated by a proposer and seconder, whose names and addresses must be on the Electoral Register for the same community council area.
• The closing date for receipt of nominations is 5pm on Thursday 14th September 2017
• When required, the Elections will be take place on Thursday 26th October 2017.
For more information contact Community Council Liasion Officer, (tel. 01506 281609) (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Find more details (nomination forms etc): www.westlothian.gov.uk/communitycouncils
If you are member of BME community lived in West Lothian and interested to stand for community council election, please contact Diversity in Public Life for any support and advice. E-mail: email@example.com